Lentil Marinara Sauce
Lentils are one of my favorite beans because of their versatility and quick cook time. One of the ways i love to use lentils is as a meat replacement. With a little seasoning, it is quite divine. This recipe is for those of you who want a heartier marinara sauce.
- 2 cups lentils, cooked
- ½ medium onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 cups marinara sauce
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cups spinach
- 1-2 tbsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tbsp basil
- ½ tsp paprika
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Pasta cooked according to package
- In medium saucepan heat olive oil on medium heat. Add onions, garlic, and mushrooms. Saute for 5-6 minutes until onions are translucent.
- Add drained lentils. Cook for additional 3-5 minutes.
- Add Italian seasoning, paprika, and marinara sauce. Allow to cook for 7-10 minutes.
- Add spinach and basil cook for 5 minutes.
- Let sit for a few minutes then serve with your favorite pasta. Garnish with nutritional yeast or vegan parmesan.